A Plane to Spain

Today the adventure begins as I board a plane – destination Spain!

Six months ago, the thought of spending my junior year in high school there was just an idea. Now this dream is becoming a reality.

Growing up in a family that frequently travels fueled my interest in speaking multiple foreign languages. I already learned French, so next on my list is perfecting my Spanish and then my German.

To better prepare my Spanish skills for the plunge into high school life, I am spending the month of August living with two families in Spain. After flying to Madrid, I take a quick flight to Barcelona to meet my first host family. We will explore Barcelona and hike in the Pyrenees Mountains, and then I will discover more of the Aragon region with my second host family. At the end of August, I move to Madrid for the school year.

I hope to blog a few times a month and share my stories and photos.

Come swim with me in Gazpacho!
Kathryn



My life for a year in three suitcases





Popular Posts